The school year will be in full swing for much of the nation within the next few weeks. Families across America will readjust their schedules to make sure that their children are at school on time, even on the most hectic of mornings. And while the kids, especially the teenagers, may be more concerned about whether or not they have the most popular brand of shoes and the newest athletic clothing styles, parents find themselves working hard to make sure that their children are well fed while they are at school. And while many parents start with noble plans of making homemade lunches for their children, the reality is that time is often the determining factor.
As the school year progresses, more and more children who take their own lunch to school will rely on prepackaged items. The handmade spinach and hummus sandwiches made on seven grain bread can fall be the side. Even with the best intentions, many families increasingly rely on the processed food industry to nourish their children.
Technologies like x-ray machines for food inspection, therefore, are increasingly important to the health and welfare of many children. With the use of the latest food packaging machines and x-ray inspection processes, the food manufacturers in America work to build and maintain the confidence of American consumers.
Consider these definitions and details that help to explain the purpose of the food processing industry:
- Several processes can help consumers make sure that they packaged and processed food that they buy remains safe. For instance, cold temperatures keep harmful bacteria from growing and multiplying. for this reason, refrigerators should be set no higher than 40F and freezers set at 0F.
- An increasing number of consumers are concerned about the use of environmentally friendly packaging decisions. In fact, 52% of people around the world make purchase decisions according to the use of packaging that shows a brand making a positive environmental and social impact.
- Food packaging experts estimate that each pound of plastic packaging can reduce food waste by up to 1.7 pounds. So while plastics often get a bad wrap, so to speak, they can actually reduce food waste and are far more effective than other food delivery and containment methods.
- Estimates indicate that two pounds of plastic can deliver 1,300 ounces, which is roughly 10 gallons, of a beverage like water, soda, or juice. as juice, soda or water.
- Fare less efficient, you would need three pounds of aluminum, eight pounds of steel, or over 40 pounds of glass to bring home the same amount of product.
- One of the main ways that the food packing and processing industries make sure that they food they sell to consumers is safe is through the use of x-ray inspection machines.
- One out of six Americans, or 48 million people, gets sick every year from foodborne disease; 128,000 are hospitalized; and 3,000 die from the same cause.
- Depending on someone else to make sure that your child’s school lunch is safely packaged is an act of faith that parents make every single day when they send their children off to school.
If you are a parent helping your children get ready for the next school year, you are in need of SAFE FOOD options for your children as you pack their lunches.