The picture is a social media sensation.
It seemed simple enough when you posted it, but you never imagined that you would be getting updates all day long on the ice cream parlor photo that you posted on Sunday afternoon. In fact, the comments and likes were coming so fast that your teenage daughter actually suggested that you might need to turn the notifications off. She was kind of joking at first, but as it gets closer to dinner time you really may have to take your daughter up on the suggestion. How many times do you want the phone to buzz when you are in the middle of preparing dinner and then serving it?
The ice cream parlor photo shows you and your husband, and your good friends who flew in to visit you for spring break. You have posted other pictures as well, but this one of four of the five of you lined up showing your ice cream cups with matching spoons is a real hit. It seems that nearly all of your friends recognize the dessert cup from this particular ice cream stop. Some of your online friends are asking how it is that one of you could make it through all of those delicious samples and not get at least the small dessert cup size serving. The majority of the comments, however, are friends and family members sharing their stories of visiting this particular ice cream shop and listing their favorite flavors and toppings.
Dessert Cups, Matching Tasting Spoons and Other Branded Items Help Customers Recognize Your Shop
There was a day when branding referred to the marks that were put on livestock to help with identification. Today, however, everyone, from ice cream stores to school districts, are making sure that they are very thorough in the branding process. For a new ice cream parlor, for instance, the selection of colors and the design for dessert cups and all of the other ice cream shop supplies can help your company distinguish itself from its competitors. Because of the popularity of frozen treats, in fact, much of the franchising fees that are involved in opening a brand that is nation wide is in having access to the image. Even if you want to open a stand alone frozen treat parlor, though, it seems to be in your best interest to make sure that you have a recognizable product design that can be used on everything from tasting spoons to dessert cups.
Consider these facts about the frozen treat eating habits and sales numbers in America:
- In any given two-week period, 40% of Americans will eat ice cream, according to research by NPD Group.
- Consuming ice cream 28.5 times a year is the national average.
- Estimates indicate that at the end of the year 2013, there were 2,582 frozen yogurt stores.
- Controlling a sweet tooth is not something that Americans seem to be good at. In fact, 90% of U.S. households indicate that they regularly indulge in a sweet, frozen treat.
- Recent surveys by International Ice Cream Association member companies indicate that vanilla remains the most popular flavor among 28% of their consumers.
- Every year there are approximately 1.5 billion gallons of ice cream and similar desserts produced in the U.S.
- As much as 9% of all the milk produced by U.S. dairy farmers is used to produce ice cream.
- Making it in the ice cream business can be a challenge. In addition to offering tasty frozen treats it is important to make sure that your product is carefully branded to that it get attention.
How long has it been since you visited a tasty ice cream parlor with your friends? Do you wait for the warmer weather to arrive, or are you ready for a cold dish of ice cream or frozen yogurt no matter what the weather is like? If you are like most Americans the arrival of summer and the month of June may be your favorite month to indulge in a bowl or cone of frozen goodness. According to studies, June is the month the most ice cream is produced. It might also be the month with of the most tasty treat social media posts!
Leave a Reply