Whether you are a die hard chocolate fan or you only eat vanilla; whether you are someone who always tries the flavor of the week; or whether you are a someone who is very unpredictable when it comes to selecting an ice cream flavor, you are probably familiar with the colored ice cream cups and small, colored ice cream tasting spoons that are a part of every sweet treat shack in America.
If a marketing professor wants to teach students about the importance of branding, that instructor to teach an entire lesson at most of the ice cream and yogurt stores that are so popular in this country. Knowing that customers can sometimes identify the name of an ice cream shop by simply seeing a cleaver combination of colors, in fact, is one way to make sure that a new marketing student understands the basic intent of developing a brand.
From the specially designed ice cream cups that are selected when a customer gets to create their own flavor combination to the colored spoons and adorable miniature shovels, few industries work to create an image like an ice cream store franchise. The fact that ice cream is such a popular treat is likely the reason that so many ice cream and yogurt stores feel like they have to create both a memory and an image for their customers.
Consider some of these sweet facts and figures about what many think is America’s favorite dessert:
- 9% of all the milk produced by American dairy farmers is used to produce ice cream.
- 1.5 billion gallons of ice cream and other desserts are produced in the U.S. every year.
- 90% of U.S. households regularly indulge in a sweet, frozen treat.
- Vanilla remains the most popular flavor among their consumers at 28%, according to a recent survey of International Ice Cream Association member companies.
- There were an estimated 2,582 frozen yogurt stores in America by the end of 2013.
- The average American will consume ice cream 28.5 times every year.
Whether you have a favorite flavor that you get every time you go out for ice cream or you are an adventurer who loves to try the flavor of the week, chances are you have had ice cream at least once in the last month. How about it? Are you ready to grab one of those cute ice cream cups and fill it with your favorite flavor and all of the necessary toppings.
Leave a Reply