Cafeteria service providers find their way into an increasing number of corporate lunch rooms across the country. In an effort to offer tasty and nutritious meal options, many large and medium sized companies provide lunchrooms for their workers. By providing a fast meal option in the building, cafeteria vendors can become an integral part of many work campuses. From the customers who are willing to come into the office an hour early so that they can enjoy a morning planning session and a healthy breakfast at the time to the occasional lunch customers who only use the in office cafe once or twice a month, these cafeteria vendors are an important part of many work environments.
Some times subsidized by the company, corporate cafeteria management services are able to afford meals that are affordable, tasty, and convenient. In some settings, these corporate cafeteria companies even offer even meal ordering options. By providing menu choices a week or a month in advance, for example, these cafeterias provide affordable pick up family meals once or twice a week. With the use of fresh ingredients, professional chefs are able to provide elaborate meals that can be picked up before workers go home for the evening.
Does Your Work Place Have an Onsite Cafeteria?
As more and more employees are expected to work longer and longer hours, it should come as no surprise that an increasing number of companies are trying to offer time and money saving conveniences to their workers. From daily lunch specials that are predictable to celebratory and traditional holiday offerings, an onsite cafeteria allows workers to get the healthy lunch that they need in a fraction of the time that it would take to leave the office and go out to eat. By offering eat in or carry out options, these on site cafeterias make eating healthy meals convenient and affordable.
Consider some of these facts and figures about today’s corporate dining trends and the offerings that many onsite cafeterias provide:
- Quiet and relaxed family meals can be a challenge for parents who are both working. If, however, cafeteria vendors provide take out dinner options for employees, a quiet and relaxed family is simple and convenient.
- U.S. catering industry services employs 261,189 people.
- In a time when an estimated 45 million Americans go on a diet each year, healthy meal choices for employees are must. Even when workers do not have much time to eat, it is important that they are able to have healthy food options.
- Corporations are doing a better job of making sure that their cafeterias cater to the individual needs of today’s worker. For instance, 78% of corporations include vegetarian options at their corporate events, according to Dinova survey.
- Keeping employees healthy is important to the bottom line when it comes to employee attendance and productivity. Making sure that onsite cafeteria vendors provide nutritional meals can help with this goal.
- Letting workers have a place onsite to eat is a growing trend. In fact, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) estimates that more than one in four firms with 100 to 2,500 employees have on-site cafeterias.
- Unless your company finds a way to offer extra benefits to your employees, you may not be able to compete with other companies who are also searching for the top workers. Adding an on site cafeteria is an option that can help pay for itself and decrease the amount of time that workers are out of the office.
- No one wants to spend their lunch hour battling traffic and crowded restaurants every day. Having an onsite cafeteria limits the number of times workers will leave the office for their noon meal.
- Cafeteria service providers often follow regional meal trends as well as having days where they offer traditional holiday menu items.
- Healthy foods with the right ingredients can boost brain power by as much as 20%, according to the World Health Organization.
Finding a way to get a QUICK LUNCH in the middle of a work day can be a challenge if your office building does not provide onsite cafeteria services. Companies that go so far as to offer pickup and drop off meal options provide one more time and money saving option